Quick Directions (3 paths to MSI)
- Geological Museum entrance (24 Oxford St) – go to 3rd floor via elevator
- Hoffman Building entrance (20 Oxford St) – get to 3rd floor via elevator or stairs. Out of elevator, turn right and walk down hall across glass bridge into HUCE.
- Museum of Comparative Zoology entrance (26 Oxford St ). Note: The alternate side door entrance of HMNH at ground level is the only handicap access to 3rd floor at this time.
Once you reach the large grass lawn off of Oxford St (address region: #20-26), there are 3 main ways to reach the MSI event:
(a) Geological Museum entrance (24 Oxford St)
- From Oxford St, go across the museum grass lawn toward the large red brick building (which houses the university science museums, including the Harvard Museum of Natural History (HMNH) located at 26 Oxford St).
- Proceed along the lawn sidewalks to the Geological Museum entrance (24 Oxford), which is the far right doorway with stairs to the red brick building.
- Once you enter the Geological Museum, proceed down the hall, and find the elevator on the left, or the stairs on your right. Proceed to the 3rd floor, following signs for the HUCE. You will exit the elevator (or the stairs) into HMNH’s Global Climate Change exhibit room. The door entrance to HUCE is at the far back right of this exhibit room.
- The HUCE door and the Geological Museum entrance door are security coded to be unlocked for all scheduled MSI events. If they are locked, please knock and/or call (617) 495-8643, or alert a campus security guard for help.
(b) Hoffman Building (Earth and Planetary Sciences [EPS]; 20 Oxford St)
- Note: Handicap access via 20 Oxford St entrance and elevator.
- From Oxford St, enter the Hoffman Building (EPS) either from the Oxford St. entrance, or the entrance facing the museum grass lawn (opposite side of the building).
- Find the elevator in the lobby area, and proceed to the 3rd floor.
- Exit the elevator and turn right onto the EPS research hall.
- Proceed down the 3rd floor hall and across glass bridge walkway that joins Hoffman Building to the HUCE offices.
- Note: The Hoffman Building entrance and stairwell doors, and the HUCE door are all security coded to be unlocked for all scheduled MSI events. If they are locked, please knock, or call (617) 495-8643, or alert a campus security guard for help.
(c) Museum of Comparative Zoology (MCZ) and Harvard Museum of Natural History (HMNH) entrance (26 Oxford St) - access only between 8:30 am - 5 pm, when museum is open to public.
- Enter the MCZ/HMNH side door (facing construction area) at ground level.
- Proceed down the zig-zag hallway following signs to the HMNH to the elevator at the far end.
- Take elevator to the 3rd floor (exhibits floor of HMNH), and exit into the HNMH exhibit area. Proceed to your left (through the anthropods exhibit, the museum gift store, and the gem/mineral hall – don’t stop, you are almost there!)
- Proceed into the Global Climate Change exhibit, and look for the HUCE entrance doorway at the far right/back of this exhibit.
- Note: For handicap access use this route, or see (b) above. The MCZ/HMNH side door entrance and elevators, and the HUCE door are all security coded to be unlocked for all scheduled MSI events, but only when the HMNH is officially open. If they are locked, please use routes (a) or (b) above, call (617) 495-8643, or alert a campus security guard for help.